Saturday, April 28, 2007

Genesis

It's been said many times that to lead a happy, successful life one should do what they enjoy. They should be passionate about their work. We spend a huge percentage of our adult lives earning our daily bread. That's reality and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd rather use my wits and my body to produce my income rather than sit on my can waiting for an inheritance or the lottery. Producing value with our lives is a human beings most noble endeavor. So enough with the platitudes.

My two passions? Fitness and the stock market. No two things fascinate me more. The brutal honesty of both the gym and the market mark two of humanities greatest arenas for achievment. They both demand discipline, focus, mental clarity, dedication, honesty, and just plain old hard work and elbow grease. You can't pop a pill to get in shape and Lord help the fool who thinks he or she can beat the market by throwing darts at a stock table.

I believe that being fit; Mental and physical fitness is paramount to success in the market, in business and life in general. This blog will offer tips on all that and a whole lot more. We'll start slowly with the basics and build from there. But this isn't just a site for the gym newbie or the stock trading neophyte. Fitmarket doesn't want to bore the savvy trader or the hardcore gym rat. Training tips from real pros, nutrition, meal plans, supplementation will all be in the mix. For the Marketeers we'll provide market analysis, fundamental and technical trading tips gleaned from some of Wall Streets biggest and baddest, and a whole lot more. Plus my own personal training and trading ideas, successes, and failures thrown in for good humor!

The market, whether it's on Main Street or Wall Street or Cyberstreet, is made up of human beings. That's it. If we all have fit minds and fit bodies, it stands to reason we'll create a fitter, saner, more profitable market. More to come......

No comments: